[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX server stopped accepting connections

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Wed Dec 12 03:18:20 UTC 2007

'Established the
> Display connection' and then splat 'The connection with the remote server
> was shut down. Please check the state of your network connection.'
>
> I get this in the server log file:
> >Error: Call to bind failed for media TCP port 8000. Error is 98 'Address
> >already in use'.

So it did strike finally. (There was a huge todo for that part, ooops and I even already received a patch)

FreeNX does not check for the other possibnly neeed ports so if there is something listening on 8000 it will fail.

Solution: Stop service on 8000.

Other (better) solution:

Do not use multimedia forwarding.

Other even better solution:

For all ports, where you _know_ that a service is running do a:

$ touch /tmp/.nX1000.lock

cu

Fabian