[FreeNX-kNX] NX printing through port 445

Alastair Johnson alastair at solutiontrax.com
Mon Dec 10 16:58:55 UTC 2007

On Monday 10 December 2007, Prakash Velayutham wrote:
> Hi Fabian,
>
> Once again, thanks.
>
> On Dec 10, 2007, at 11:05 AM, Fabian Franz wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> Attached are the files.
> >
> > HELLO NXSERVER - Version 1.5.0-70 OS (GPL)]
> >
> > So your nxserver is putting itself as 1.5.0-70.
> >
> > And in runlog we can find the message: "Server does only support
> > SAMBA forcing port 139." There yo uahve it.
> >
> > It needs to read 2.1.0-71, because that (choose of protocol) is why
> > I bumped the version number to 2.1.0.
>
> I get this on the server, though.
>
> mannose:~ # rpm -qa | grep NX
> NX-2.1.0-127.1
> FreeNX-0.7.1-1.1
> mannose:~ #
>
> Should I just remove and reinstall both NX and FreeNX?

This should be set in nxloadconfig:
NX_VERSION=2.1.0-71

I know the RPMs have some aspects of nxloadconfig changed from the normal
values so things work smoothly on the distro. This one may be a historical
mistake, or may be deliberate because of the allowable nx version in
dependencies. It may also be overridden in /etc/nxserver/node.conf, or
because you somehow have an older nxloadconfig somewhere.