[FreeNX-kNX] NX printing through port 445

Prakash Velayutham prakash.velayutham at cchmc.org
Tue Dec 4 17:06:28 UTC 2007

Hello All,

I am trying to print from the NX server session to a Windows client
printer through port 445 (as that is the only port open, as Netbios
over TCP/IP is disabled on the Windows client). Is this doable?

If it is, how should the DEVICE_URI be specified so it uses the
forwarded port? The server cannot talk to the client PC directly as
they are on different ends of a firewall. Only option is the SSH
tunnel that NX is using.

This email is similar to my earlier thread to this list titled:
Printing to Windows client from FreeNX server session

Thanks,
Prakash