[FreeNX-kNX] old source / client repository

Hugo Bernier hbernier at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 13:55:12 UTC 2006

Did you compile it from sources?

I downloaded the latest nomachine 2.1 sources, compiled them without
issues, applied the gentoo no-machine patch to the latest free-nx svn
(282), ran the setup script (nx-setup) and I run into some errors. I'm
not concerned about the gnome session and cde session warnings; I'm
more concerned about the preloading error and the error that says it
requires a 2.0 backend.

Best,
Hugo

Error: Invalid value
"APPLICATION_LIBRARY_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/NX/libX11.so.6.2:/usr/lib/NX/libXext.so.6.4:/usr/lib/NX/libXcomp.so.1:/usr/lib/NX/libXcompext.so.1:/usr/lib/NX/libXrender.so.1.2"
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_START_GNOME=gnome-session"
         Users will not be able to request a Gnome session.
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_START_CDE=cdwm"
         Users will not be able to request a CDE session.
Error: Could not find 1.5.0 or 2.0.0 version string in nxagent. NX
1.5.0 or 2.0.0 backend is needed for this version of FreeNX.

  Errors occured during config check.
  Please correct the configuration file.