[FreeNX-kNX] Cyrillic Fonts with FreeNX

Bushkov Evgeniy protectorat at mail.ru
Thu Oct 12 03:27:13 UTC 2006

> Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:21:43 +0200
> From: Daniel Spannbauer <ds at marco.de>
> Subject: [FreeNX-kNX] Cyrillic Fonts with FreeNX
> To: User Support for FreeNX Server and kNX Client <freenx-knx at kde.org>
>
> Hallo,
>
> i'm using freeNX with Nomachine on a Linux-Server. For some applications
> there are cyrillic fonts used.
> When I connect to this Server the Cyrillic Fonts are not display but
> some silly signs are displayed.
>
> Do I have to configure a Font-Server on the Windows-Client (which I
> don't want to) or can I configure a Font-Server somewhere inthe node.conf?
>
> Regards
>
> Daniel

I`m russian and use in my organization this in script for starting any
application:
xterm -e setxkbmap -rules xorg -model pc105 -layout "us,ru" -variant
",winkeys" \
-option "grp:ctrl_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
Another way is using VNC over NX or poor VNC session: VNC work more
correctly with Cyrillic fonts and encoding
than NX.
Zhen