[FreeNX-kNX] NX 2.1.0

Carl Caum sleepkreep at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 21:25:32 UTC 2006

Hell all, I have compiled the latest NX 2.1.0 to use as the backend for freenx
0.5.0.  I activated ENABLE_2_0_0_BACKEND=1 in nxloadconfig.  However, I can't
get a session to start.  All I get is

NX> 596 Session startup failed.
NX> 1004 Error: NX Agent exited with exit status 1.

I tried some moding of nxnode that was suggested elsewhere, but it didn't
work.  Is there any way to get more debug info out of nxagent?  Or if I made
a mistake during the compile, is there a tutorial somewhere to explain how to
compile NX with freenx?  I installed the NX and freenx libraries and binaries
to /usr.  I made the necessary modifications to NX_DIR=/usr
in /usr/bin/nxloadconfig.  I also had to make a modification on line 268 of
nxloadconfig changing libXcomp and libXcompext .so.1 to .so.2:
[ -z "$APPLICATION_LIBRARY_PRELOAD" ] &&
APPLICATION_LIBRARY_PRELOAD="$APPLICATION_LIBRARY_PATH/libX11.so.6.2:
$APPLICATION_LIBRARY_PATH/libXext.so.6.4:
$APPLICATION_LIBRARY_PATH/libXcomp.so.2:
$APPLICATION_LIBRARY_PATH/libXcompext.so.2:
$APPLICATION_LIBRARY_PATH/libXrender.so.1.2"

Background:
OS: Ubuntu Linux 6.06
NX Version: 2.1.0 (Self compiled)
NX Client: 2.1.0