[FreeNX-kNX] gdm,xdm,...

Dimitar Paskov pascoff at nola7.com
Thu Nov 23 14:11:44 UTC 2006

Yes, there are 2 approaches to this issue:
1. if you want gdm,kdm,xdm to be your login manager then you can use it and
configure the default session to start to be a command line nxrun nxclient
which connects then to the server ... the problem here is that you need to
know who the USER and his password is the supply it to the command line
client
2. you can replace kdm,gdm,xdm with nxclient as a login manager which is the
better way I think ... we use it this way at my company ... there are some
problems with this setup but they are insignificant compared to the first
method above.

I can't think a way to forward user/pass to the nomachine nxclient with
gdm,kdm ... if you find one, let me know :)
(actually may be you can use kind of script/program to prepare the nxclient's
config file with the user logged in (after xdm/kdm) but I don't know if you
can tell the client to connect directly without user interaction ...)