[FreeNX-kNX] Sound Problems

fclewis at carolina.rr.com fclewis at carolina.rr.com
Mon Nov 13 16:27:25 UTC 2006

Thanks Dimitar,

I'm still having a problem with the "No Volume Mixer Elements" problem
when starting Gnome as a non-root user.  The suggestions are:

chmod a-wrx /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/apps/panel/applets/mixer
    or
rm -rf /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/apps/panel/applets/mixer

I do not find that dir, but have tried both approaches with:

/etc/opt/gnome/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/apps/panel/default_setup/applets/mixer

I still get the error and even SLED intro sound will not play.  Speaker
has a red X on it.  This is not a problem with root.

thanks for any tips,
fred