[FreeNX-kNX] n00b Q: How do you connect to the root "console" session from remote?

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Thu Jun 22 17:37:39 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-16-06 at 10:34 +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> What I do is the following:
>
> - I connect from remote to the thin-client-server of the customer with
> my own login-name.
> - From there, I run a VNC session to the thin-client of my customer. On
> this way, I see what the customer sees.
>
> My thin-clients are ThinStation based, and this works fine.

I do the exact same thing, but VNC is still slow.  It just sucks on
local networks, remote networks...it just sucks.

A better idea might be to use the NX Client on the remote side to
connect to the VNC server on Thinstation.  Not sure if that would work,
but you would get much faster response.

Regards,

Ranbir

--