[FreeNX-kNX] n00b Q: How do you connect to the root "console" session from remote?

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Fri Jun 16 00:19:44 UTC 2006

On Thursday 15 June 2006 23:17, Tim Fletcher wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 23:43 +0100, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> > >
> > > Have a look at vino which is part of gnome
> >
> > He said "high speed"...
>
> fair point :p - is the kde version any better?

Certainly not speed-wise; I'd think they are on par
(due to both of them using the RFB protocol).

UI-wise -- that's a matter of personal taste. And a
feature-by-feature comparison done by anyone I am not
aware of.

KDE's krdc/krfb pair certainly is "older" (==more
mature?, ==less maintained?; dunno...) with its 4-5
years of existence right now, and when it came out
the first time it surely rocked with its features
that improved the notoriously unsecure VNC (being
able to email "invitations" for connection sharing
that had an expiring one-time password, etc.)

Cheers,
Kurt