[FreeNX-kNX] Another Newbi Qestion

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Tue Jun 13 19:37:23 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 18:13, Gallagher, Tim (NE) wrote:
> OK so this program rocks, what port on a firewall do I have to open to
> allow me to connect to a freenx server?

All you need is one port to access your SSH daemon (sshd) on the
FreeNX server. Usually ssh uses 22, but you can tell it to use any
other one too (which very often is wise, so you don't have around
1000 script kiddie login attempts per hour).

Just make sure you use "Enable SSL encryption of all traffic" in
the NX Client configuration to force it on that one port only.

Cheers,
Kurt