[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX and PAM

Felix Schumacher felix.schumacher at debeka.de
Mon Jun 12 07:19:41 UTC 2006

No, to enable PAM based login you have to look for the entries

# Authentication directives
# This adds the passdb to the possible authentication methods
#ENABLE_PASSDB_AUTHENTICATION="1"

# This adds SSH to the possible authentication methods. For it to work
sshd
# must be set up at localhost accepting password authentication.
#ENABLE_SSH_AUTHENTICATION="1"

# This adds SU to the possible authentication methods. For it to work
the
# "nx" user must be in the wheel (RedHat, Fedora) or the users group
(SUSE)
# and the user logging in must have a valid shell that accepts the -c
# parameter.
#ENABLE_SU_AUTHENTICATION="0"

# Require all users to be in the passdb, regardless of authentication
method
#ENABLE_USER_DB="0"

In your node.conf. I believe if you comment those entries out (like done
above)
You will get pam enabled nx logins.

The FORCE_LOGIN_METHOD entry is non-standard and will only be useful for
one-time-passwords.
(But as Fabian Franz pointed out, the neccessary patch might not be
secure enough)

Bye
 Felix