[FreeNX-kNX] NX without X

Tim Fletcher tim at parrswood.manchester.sch.uk
Sat Jun 3 19:40:22 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 17:24 +0100, Mark Hellman wrote:
> I would like to install FreeNX on a gateway machine, to allow roaming users
> to connect to local network computers using VNC and RDP.
> In this scenario, is it necessary to have X or X libs installed on the
> gateway?

This might help you, I have set up a pass through to a an internal
server running NX with X installed.

I have set this up on the firewall (without X libs) by having a user
called nx with the following in ~nx/.ssh/authorized_keys2

no-port-forwarding,no-X11-forwarding,no-agent-forwarding,command="ssh -i /path/to/key_for_internal_nx_server nx at internal.nx.server" <ssh key text>

--
Tim Fletcher
Learning Technologies Manager - Parrs Wood High School