[FreeNX-kNX] Question about clients and other platforms

diJenerate X dijenerate at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 14:53:13 UTC 2006

Hi all,
This is my first submission here so if I'm not following the rules, forgive
me.

I have a question about clients for NX. I have used NX server on my Opteron
box and have not attached a local display now for over a month. Problem is,
I would like to use it on more platforms than the x86 or Mac (I don't have a
Sparc box).
Is there:
1. A Flash based version of the client?
2. A way to quick compile the client for any architecture and if so, what do
I need?

Additionally (slightly off subject) I have managed to get the server to work
with a client set to .jpg rendering to provide me with decent framerates at
1024x600/32 over Wifi. This is good enough to watch video from the remote
window manager. I have two little things I have not been able to figure out
how to do so far.

The first is that I cannot see my KDE network manager applet over NX. I
suspect this is because of a permissions issue but if there is more to it,
could I have a heads-up?
The other is a little more challenging... I cannot get Vmware to run
fullscreen. Is there a way to emulate an accelerator in the NX server so I
can 'fool' vmware into permitting fullscreen rendering over the NX session?

Thanks,
diJenerate