[FreeNX-kNX] AMD64 32bit chroot on debian

Lewis Shobbrook mylists at blue-matrix.org
Sun Jul 30 17:16:35 UTC 2006

Hi Guys,

Can anyone offer any tips and tricks to getting freenx running in a 32bit
chroot .
I managed to compile the deb's under 64bit and ran into the segfault with the
nxagent that has been previously reported, when starting a session.

I've created a debootstrap chroot, bound /home /tmp dirs,  mounted proc, and
installed required apps within the chroot using apt-get.

Using dchroot, schroot & manual chroot I'm able to successfully run nxsetup
and nxserver --start, but the process never shows and must silently die.
I'm a real hack with the chroot stuff, so please pardon my ignorance here.
Do I need to compile the debs using sbuild within the chroot or something?

Any word on how the AMD64 port is progressing?  Anyone had any success?

Cheers & thanks,

Lewis