[FreeNX-kNX] NX and MacOSX

dewey hylton freenx at deweyonline.com
Fri Jul 7 14:03:18 UTC 2006

> Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:39:09 +0200
> From: Bruno Spruth <bruno at spruth.de>
> Subject: [FreeNX-kNX] NX and MacOSX
>
> Hello,
> I am running a FreeNX Server on my Debian System. It's working fine,
> when I use my Linux or Windows Box as client. But I got my hands on a
> iMac G5 and tried to use this one as client.
> Now I am running into the following problem:
> the nxclient starts the session, but I can't see the window...
> 'nxssh' is started in the process list... the nxclient-admin tool
> says that the session is up and running...
> It might be a MacOSX - X11 problem... but I am a Mac newbie... maybe
> anyone has experience...
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Bruno

sorry i don't have good news for you, only a "me too" here ... i have two macs:
one g4 and one macintel. i've tried official 1.x and 2.0 clients on both
machines, and have never gotten anything to work properly. it hasn't been a huge
issue for me so i haven't dedicated the time to looking at it very hard.