[FreeNX-kNX] Linux Server, Windows Client?

Ben Nickell ben at nickell.org
Mon Jul 3 21:32:35 UTC 2006

Had the same problem with 2.0 client, and ubuntu Freenx server..

Check out this thread for what is wrong...

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2006-June/003659.html

and my post at the bottom of this page.. (username twinprism)

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=156019&page=3

Basically you have to change the nxnode file on the server, because
the new client sends a new (old) proto version...

On 7/3/06, Richard Ferguson <nx at fergusnet.com> wrote:

> > Using the nomachine.com server from the tarball listed on their site,
> > I get errors about perl libraries not being found (in the
> > /usr/NX/lib/perl directory). I can find many of these files in other
> > directories on my system, but on finding and meeting each dependency,
> > I'm met with a new one to find. I gave up on this route after being
> > absolutely unable to find Linux.so anywhere.
> >

> Make sure you install the  client, node, and then server.  You need all
> three.  Just follow the install instructions on NoMachines site.
>
> richard

Ben Nickell
http://www.nickell.org/blog/