[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX Applet ?

Eric DÉCORNOD eric.decornod at ulpmm.u-strasbg.fr
Wed Feb 22 07:07:30 UTC 2006

Le Lundi 20 Février 2006 18:24, Staudinger, Ulrich a écrit :
> Hi,
> Actually
> > 2) applet for Univ-RX project
> > http://univ-rx.u-strasbg.fr/applet-univrx/
> Looks very good. I got it to compile and build and sign, but right now,
> whenever i open the univx.php i get three null pointer exception dialogs
> popping up:
>
> * Null pointer exception at fr.ulp.mm.univx.Nxarch.install(Nxarch.java:293)
> * another one at fr.ulp.mm.univx.Nxarch.check(Nxarch:239)
> * and a third one at java.util.Properties$LineReader.readLine()
>
> So, i guess, a properties file isn't found ???
> Any help ?
> Thanks,
> Ulrich
The PHP script you refers is just a sample script ; to use applet univ-rx a
simple HTML page is sufficent.
To fully build applet-univrx, you'll need Nomachine GPL components and some
cygwin utilities populated in the sub-directory arch/linux and arch/win32
(I can send you mine if you want). The Makefile produce the corresponding
properties files (containing M5 sums).
PS: the ihm.jar file in the univx.php file is the look and feel you choose
from interfaces subdir.

> P.s. unix-RX looks really perfect, it's unbelievably fast, i hope we can
> replace that citrix stuff with it ...
Certainly, we've build it in order to give an alternative to MS TS to our
users.
The performances does not come from univ-rx, it's just a nutshell around
NoMachine's GPL components.

PPS: If you read french, there's a video and paper presentation on
applet-univrx at JRES2005 (http://2005.jres.org/programme.html on
presentation #67)

Note: I'll be able to give you more information on applet-univrx when I'll
come back from day-off on Monday.

--
Eric DÉCORNOD
Ingénieur en développement d'applications
courriel: eric.decornod at ulpmm.u-strasbg.fr