[FreeNX-kNX] Danish Keyboard not working in MS2003 from WIn through NX

Verner Kjærsgaard vk at os-academy.dk
Tue Feb 21 15:04:10 UTC 2006

Hi list,

- this one is odd...
- My danish keyboard doesn't work when connecting to MS2003, the Windooze box
gives me a US keyboard.

On MS2003 directly, danish keyboard ok

From Linux (SuSE10) using latest NX-client, MS2003 gives me danish (!!)
keyboard, all is fine.

From Win2000/XP using latest NX-client, MS2003 gives me US keyboard, no matter
what...

Server is NoMachine Enterprise, lastest from this morning :-)

Now, I'd really like to try out FreeNX instead of the commercial NX - although
I just shelved out €495...just to see if it makes a difference. Am I correct
in thinking this is how to do it:

uninstall NX-server with "#rpm -e nxserver"
install FreeNX using the downloaded latest from SuSE ftp site (0.4-something),
giving "#rpm -Uvh freenx-something.rpm"
Then run the FreeNX setup-script with no-machine keys etc.?