[FreeNX-kNX] RDP Connection refused to a Win2003R2 running as a VMware guest

Moritz Schroeder moritz.schroeder at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 11:28:56 UTC 2006

Hi,
I can access the Linux VMware Server host system with the NX client, the NX
connection to the Vmware guest Win 2003 doesn't work, although the MS Remote
Desktop Connection to the guest system works over the firewall just fine.

But I can't open the RDP connection to the guest VM Win2003 of the NX
client?  Is it because the VMware also uses port 22?

The Virtual Machine is using "bridged networking", therefore has it's own
internal IP number.  The firewall does NAT, therefore I can ping the VM and
RDP connects fine using Microsoft's tools.

Connecting RDP to the Win2003 using the Remote Desktop Client on the VMware
host (Ubuntu Linux) works ok as well.

Best
Moritz