[FreeNX-kNX] Problem Resuming Session

Jack Tanner ihok at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 15 15:27:45 UTC 2006

Perhaps I should elaborate. :)

I've been plagued with this problem: I use the latest NM Windows client
to connect to Freenx on FC4 (running Rick Stout's latest RPMs). No
matter the init script tricks, gnome-session would not run. I think I
posted my session file at some point, which contained errors like
"nxagent didn't recognize parameter X..." for a bunch of parameters that
should be set by the client.

So, on a whim, while logged into my FC4 box over ssh (not through NX), I
did $ rm -rf ~/.nx. (If you do it while being logged in via NX, it will
undoubtedly cause problems for your NX session.)

Since then, however, I've used the same NX client to log into the same
FC4 box with the same installation of Freenx, and, lo and behold,
gnome-session runs, and suspend works.

So, from now on, when upgrading either the Windows client or the
Freenx/NM components, I'm going to rm ~/.nx, and I strongly encourage
others who run into silly, hard to reproduce problems to try the same.