[FreeNX-kNX] NXClient and Cygwin...

Brian Keener brikeener at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 21:09:16 UTC 2006

On 2/10/06, Brian Keener <brikeener at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/7/06, Brian Keener <brikeener at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On 2/7/06, Jack Tanner <ihok at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Finally, make sure the path to
> > > the DLLs in the Cygwin install is part of the PATH environment
> > > variable.
> > > Voila: Cygwin doesn't complain about conflicting DLL versions, and NX
> > > Client picks up DLLs in the Cygwin install.
> > >

> > Maybe that's the part I am missing; I don't believe the cygwin bin dir
> > is in my path currently.
> >
> > Brian K
> >

> That had no effect.
>
> Brian K

Thanks for the assistance with all of my problems, everyone, but the minor
performance improvement of freenx over tunneled VNC is not worth losing
Cygwin.  It's also obvious that it's a NoMachine problem I'm having, and not
a freenx problem specifically, so I shouldn't expect too much from the list
anyway...

Maybe if NoMachine can work out a native Win32 client I'll give it another
shot.

Or maybe the IT department will finally give me the go-ahead to migrate my
desktop over to Linux like I've been bugging them for over a year now...

Brian K