[FreeNX-kNX] printing

Martin Steigerwald ms at teamix.de
Wed Feb 8 15:48:34 UTC 2006

Am Freitag, 27. Januar 2006 14:33 schrieb Alastair Johnson:

> > Would be interesting to know tough why KDE-Print doesn't work with
> > "AuthType Digest". Maybe it works in a newer version of KDE-Print like
> > the one from KDE 3.5?
>
> I've looked to see if this is a known problem but couldn't find it
> anywhere. It doesn't help that "AuthType BasicDigest" appears commented in
> the default cups config file, so appears in almost every cups-related bug
> report. I also wondered if it might have been gentoo-specific which is why
> I tried knoppix. Have you reproduced this problem?

Hello Alastair,

no. I have given up on the printing issue as our customer lost interest in it.
In our office as we have a central CUPS and I did not have much time for
playing around ;-).

> These are the reasons I would like to connect direct to the client cupsd. A
> central server isn't an option since the clients may not be in the same
> city as the server, let alone the same building :-)

Did you dig deeper already? If you find something out, I would like to know
it. ;)

I will keep you informed when I have a go at it again.

Regards,
--
Martin Steigerwald - team(ix) GmbH - http://www.teamix.de