[FreeNX-kNX] Zooming (shrinking) a desktop?

Felix E. Klee fk at linuxburg.de
Thu Feb 2 09:16:16 UTC 2006

I sometimes use NX to manage a desktop on a remote machine that has a higher
resolution than my local machine.  Is it possible to somehow zoom (shrink)
the remote desktop so that it fits on my local machine's screen?

I see a couple of possiblities, probably none of which works:

* Perhaps, NX supports zooming out of the box.  We're using NoMachine's client
  and FreeNX as server.

* Perhaps, one could set up a separate X server that supports zooming of the
  entire screen.  I would use this X server when running "nxclient".  The
  machine with the low resolution, a laptop, has an ATI 9000 graphics chip.

* Perhaps, there's some X feature/extension or a "3rd party" program that
  allows zooming of windows.

BTW, when using VNC, zooming of the desktop (shrinking) is possible with
"krdc".

--
Dipl.-Phys. Felix E. Klee
Email: fk at linuxburg.de (work), felix.klee at inka.de (home)