[FreeNX-kNX] NX Version Questions

fclewis at carolina.rr.com fclewis at carolina.rr.com
Thu Dec 14 12:55:29 UTC 2006

I currently have FreeNX-0.5.0-19.1.noarch.rpm and it works with
NX-1.5.0-67.1.i586.rpm.

I use it with a NoMachine client version: nxserver-2.1.0-9.i386.rpm and
also a Neoware snapin: NXClient_V150_NL3.zip.

The base NX technology appears to be at 2.1.0.

1.  Is server/client NX version match required? My 1.5 server works with
the 2.1.0 client.  Is it that the client must be the same or newer?

2.  Neoware is working on what they call a NX 2.0 client snapin for
thier Linux based hardware. Is it likely to work with a FreeNX server
based on NX-1.5.0?

3.  Is there a FreeNX based on NX 2.x?

thanks for any ideas,
fred