[FreeNX-kNX] Unable to get freenx to work in RHEL3

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Tue Dec 12 23:36:09 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 21:25, Marcel kraan wrote:
> Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> > Does it help if you disable the domain socket support ? (Just delete
> > or comment out the line with the socket file, and keep one of the
> >
> >   Listen 127.0.0.1:631
> >   Listen 192.168.54.234:631
> >   Port 631
>
> This is my current userspace cupsd.conf

[...]
> Listen localhost:10000
> Port 10000

Only one of these 2 lines!! (Get rid of the "Port" line...)

The Port directive tells cupsd to bind to port 10000 on *all*
interfaces.

But the previous "Listen" directive already bound it to loopback
on port 10000, and hence it does not succeed with the next line,
because one of the interfaces is no longer available. Hence, the
cupsd may not start up at all... (see error_log).

It is no problem to use *different*, mutually excluding "Listen"
directives. But mixing "Port" and "Listen" is Not Good (TM).

> Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
> Browsing Off

[....]

> And i can't see the printer

Is your KDEPrint also bound to port 10000? What does the "Server:"
line in the lower right corner of the expanded "kprinter" dialog
tell?