[FreeNX-kNX] Cups 1.2.7 IPP_PORT solution

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Tue Dec 12 21:09:59 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 19:11, Marcel kraan wrote:
> I have talked to Tim Waugh and he told me :
>
> Don't set IPP_PORT in the environment; instead put 'ServerName
> localhost:10000' in your client.conf (~/.cups/client.conf
> or /etc/cups/client.conf).

Depending on what *exactly* you want to achieve, using the env
var or using the client.conf setting has different trade-offs,
which I have no time to go into right now.

You didn't say what you want to achieve in your original post,
you just said you used the variable, and described some problems
with it on CUPS 1.2.