[FreeNX-kNX] NXAGENT: Fatal IO error on display ...

Xiong Jiang linuster at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 16:47:39 UTC 2005

ok, perfect. 32bit binary only. Looks like they do not have motivation or
maybe resource to port to native 64bit platforms.

and the instructions at
http://web01.nomachine.com/documentation/building-components.php

is far from complete... see the problems I met in "Compiling NX for AMD64"
thread.

Since XFree86 itself has been 64-bit compatible, it should not be hard to
fix NX for 64bit I'd think.

Xiong

 *Does NX work on 64 bit hardware?*    NX works correctly on 64 bit
hardware, for example with CPUs based on the AMD64 chipset reference design
or IA64 (Itanium), as long as the Operating System offers support for 32 bit
applications. While code is not optimized, or compiled, for use on 64 bit
architectures, benchmarks show that NX is nevertheless able to leverage the
better speed and the extended memory support of 64 bit hardware.

It is possible that NoMachine NX won't work on some architectures which
might require producing code that is tailored to run on that specific
architecture. Since NoMachine doesn't have short term plans to produce 64
bit versions of executables and libraries, OEMs and OS vendors can contact
NoMachine if they wish to ship versions of NX recompiled for their specific
environment.