[FreeNX-kNX] NXAGENT: Fatal IO error on display ...

Xiong Jiang linuster at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 09:31:08 UTC 2005

Hi,

Could you let us know which AMD64 Linux distribution and gcc version the
released OSS NX packages have been tested on? I manage to get some time to
compile it and got various problems so far, such as missing forward
declaration, missing -fPIC in Makefile, 'make install' fails in nx-X11
directory . (See my other thread "Compiling NX on AMD64" for details).

I would think your impression about "OSS folllowers" is more or less from
OSS software users only. :) Releasing the NX OSS package is no doubt a great
effort made by NoMachine however releasing it doesn't mean set it free and
take no care of it at all. To maintain it more extra effort is needed such
as patching, bug tracking etc. NoMachine has no obligation for these so
other OSS project has to pick it up. however it also helps NoMachine to get
the fix done sooner if the commercial version is using the same NX core.

Regards,
Xiong