[FreeNX-kNX] Gnome session issue on FC2 with NFS

Peter Van den Wildenbergh pvdw at criticalcontrol.com
Wed Sep 21 19:46:15 UTC 2005

Hi All :

I got FreeNX on FC2 working with the latest windows client 1.5.0-106 with a user
that has its $HOME on the server itself.
As soon as I change the $HOME to an ncp mounted drive (Novell) things stop working.
I did change the fake home setting to /tmp/$USER in node.conf but still no luck.
(An ssh user at localhost does work and does mount and use the ncp $HOME)

No err in nxserver.log...

Any suggestion as to how start debugging this?
Where does gnome write a log? (Sorry I am a KDE fan, but customer wants GNOME...)
I don't think it is a nx issue on its own, like I said if I use a local $HOME all is fine.
Could it be a timing issue, where the mounts are not ready yet and 'things' need access to $HOME/.nx $HOME/.gconf?

Banging my head against the wall for a couple hours now, had coffee this morning, so
hints and tips more than welcome...
Even worse I had this going yesterday evening over a slow connection, now that I am very close
to the server and using a high speed link it refuses... so a timing issue???

Thanks

Peter