[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX + VNC: Failure

Felix E. Klee fk at linuxburg.de
Wed Sep 14 07:41:56 UTC 2005

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 18:20:15 +0100, "Kurt Pfeifle" <k1pfeifle at gmx.net>
said:
> > now that I know which packages need to be combined.  Is there a
> > possibility to have my patched RPMs hosted at the freenx site?  If
> > not, I'll see that I find some other place.
>
> Patched RPMs?

I knew that this term will cause confusion, but I used it nevertheless.
Now, to clear things up: I took some SRPMs off the net and modified them
a bit so that they compile cleanly under SuSE 8.2 and SuSE 9.2 and that
FreeNX and NX play together well.  I did not change any of the original
sources, only the RPM spec files.  I'll probably be allowed to put these
files on the server of the company that I work for.

> Look at the FreeNX website and project site hosted by Berlios.de. We
> *do* have a wiki there. (Not a very nice one -- I'd prefer a
> customized mediawiki, like the one Scribus uses. But this prolly has
> to be hosted outside of Berlios).

I've created a bunch of documentation for internal use, and am
translating some of it from English into German.  It's not that much
work, and I hope that I can put something up this evening.  Don't
expect much insight, though: The documentation is more or less targeted
at NX-dummies.
Felix E. Klee
fk at linuxburg.de    (work)
felix.klee at inka.de (home)