[FreeNX-kNX] scrambled screen with icewm/freenx/nxclient

Andreas Wilde Andreas.Wilde at eas.iis.fraunhofer.de
Tue Sep 13 09:08:25 UTC 2005

Hi,
after upgrading my debian box I have problems using icewm under
nxclient/freenx. The screen is partially scrambled, like on the
screenshot (http://leute.server.de/wilde/nxclient.png). It looks like
the color table got mixed up somehow, but its not only this. The title
bar (I'm not shure about the name, I mean this thingy which displays the
window title and iconify/Maximize buttons) doesn't work, which means,
that I can't move the window by "grabbing" it at the title bar. I don't
think that its related to the new nxclient, because installing the old
one doesn't help. So it's the nx-libs or freenx. Apart from that,
everything seems to work (I can open/move/close windows by rightclicking
their icons, open menus and so on).
I'm using:

lena:/home/wilde# dpkg -l | grep nx
ii  freenx         0.4.4+0.4.5-2
rc  libnxcompext0  1.4.0.2-0alpha
ii  nxagent        1.4.92+1.5.0-3
ii  nxclient       1.5.0-106
ii  nxdesktop      1.4.92+1.5.0-3
ii  nxlibs         1.4.92+1.5.0-3
ii  nxproxy        1.4.92+1.5.0-3
ii  nxviewer       1.4.92+1.5.0-3
lena:/home/wilde# dpkg -l | grep xcom
rc  libnxcompext0  1.4.0.2-0alpha
ii  libxcomp1      1.4.92+1.5.0-3
ii  libxcompext1   1.4.92+1.5.0-3
lena:/home/wilde# dpkg -l | grep icewm
ii  icewm          1.2.20+21pre1-
ii  icewm-common   1.2.20+21pre1-
ii  icewm-gnome-su 1.2.20+21pre1-
ii  icewm-themes   1.2.20.1-1

KDE and Gnome seem to work perfectly.

Any ideas?

andreas

Andreas Wilde

Fraunhofer-Institut fuer Integrierte Schaltungen
Aussenstelle Entwurfsautomatisierung
Zeunerstr. 38
D-01069 Dresden

Tel.: 49 (0) 351 4640 852