[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX + VNC: Failure

Felix E. Klee fk at linuxburg.de
Thu Sep 8 14:59:29 UTC 2005

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 13:50:12 +0100, "Kurt Pfeifle" <k1pfeifle at gmx.net>
said:
> As you know by know, due to severe lack of time, FreeNX does not yet
> have a good and complete documentation that steps users through the
> setup of various scenarios.

Yes, I've noticed this. :-/

> We would highly appreciate if you could write down a step by step
> howto for end user about setting up and running an NX/VNC session. The
> docu should outline which VNC-related packages (including their
> package names for the various distros) or utils are needed or
> optional.

Well, it's not really that hard, now that I know which packages need to
be combined.  Is there a possibility to have my patched RPMs hosted at
the freenx site?  If not, I'll see that I find some other place.

> We would like to publish this on the FreeNX website then.

A Wiki would be nice.  Perhaps, content could be put on a site like
write a list of instructions once I've got the packages polished.
Felix E. Klee
fk at linuxburg.de    (work)
felix.klee at inka.de (home)