[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX + VNC: Failure (Felix E. Klee)

Felix E. Klee fk at linuxburg.de
Wed Sep 7 15:44:32 UTC 2005

On Wed,  7 Sep 2005 07:28:12 -0400, "dewey hylton"
<freenx at deweyonline.com> said:
> i use freenx to connect with vnc all day long, every day i'm at work.

Very interesting, so there is hope ... :-)

> i've used tightvnc on the server side successfully, but currently i
> use ultravnc as the windows server and realvnc as the linux server.
> specifically, i use the X module on linux to provide a vnc connection
> to my X:0 ...

Above you mention a Windows and a Linux server, below you mention a
FreeBSD server, so I'm a bit confused.  Do you run FreeNX on all
three systems?

> nxserver: 1.4.0 backend, 0.4.4 freenx frontend (running on freebsd)

Please tell me which version of FreeBSD you're running and where you
obtained the nxserver and freenx packages.

Also: Did you try 1.5.0 as a backend?

> clients : 1.4.0 and 1.5.0 clients, plus the 1.5.0 web-based java
> plugin - all from both windows and linux.

I've now also tried the web-based java client (from Opera 8 under LINUX)
and the Windows client (under Win98SE).  All were version 1.5.0 and
whith all I got the problem that the VNC-via-NX connection couldn't be
established reliably, if FreeNX was used on the LINUX server.
--
Felix E. Klee