[FreeNX-kNX] problem with freenx windows client

Eric Hameleers alien at nl.ibm.com
Fri Sep 2 08:12:42 UTC 2005

Manish Bhatia wrote:

> I just wanted to add - I am using free nx 1.5-106 client for windows.  I
> am running a free nx 1.4 server on ubuntu linux.
>
> I also tried to install and run the above free nx client on another
> windows xp machine.  It worked fine and connected to the above server
> without any problems.  The only difference that I can think of between
> the two machines is that I have cygwin (including the cygwin X-server)
> installed on the problem machine.  The other machine doesn't have cygwin
> installed - and the client works fine on it.
>
> Thanks
> Manish

I had similar problems on machines with cygwin installed - but the
problems were caused by the fact that I used "mount -c" to change the
cygdrive prefix from "/cygdrive" to "/win". The Windows NX client has
"/cygdrive" hardcoded instead of querying the Windows registry for the
cygdrive prefix (as the cygwin.dll will do...).
When I changed the cygdrive prefix back to "/cygdrive", I could use
the NX client just fine. I have wanted to file a bug report about
this, but never got to it :-/

Is this what you're experiencing, too?

Cheers, Eric

--