[FreeNX-kNX] Mouse/keyboard lag with KDE on 300ms latency network

Jonathan Chen (jonachen) jonachen at cisco.com
Fri Sep 2 00:10:30 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone has a problem with a mouse responding about 2
seconds slower over a 300ms latency network and maybe resolved the
issue.

It seems with our WAN simulator, whenever I click on something, the
menus would really take a looooooooooooooong time to show up.  2 seconds
is slow if your using FreeNX for non Systems Administration work.   I
would like to get the mouse reaction to respond much faster.   Close to
half a second would be great.

Also when holding a key in KDE, it seems the keys show up in burst of
5-6 characters instead of instant keys being shown on the screen.

So anyone have any methods to improve mouse/keyboard reaction?