[FreeNX-kNX] howto: vnc on w2k -> fnx server - - -> nxclient

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Fri Oct 21 03:07:42 UTC 2005

On Friday 21 October 2005 02:46, sean wrote:
> I want to use nx to connect to a w2k at the office. I can
> ssh into an office linux server (gateway).

[....]

> How do I connect to the windows box ( which is on a 100mbs
> lan with gateway)?

It's described here:

   http://new.linuxjournal.com/article/8489

and here:

   http://www.nomachine.com/step-by-step/testdrive-Windows.php
   http://www.nomachine.com/howto/rdp-session.php

> I assume windows has to run vnc ( or
> tightvnc?). ...

Not at all. It *may* be of course VNC too...

   http://www.nomachine.com/howto/vnc-session.php

...but first choice is RDP. Do you have WTS installed on the W2K box?

> How do I connect windows to gateway and then to
> home?

Study the material linked above.

> sean

Kurt