[FreeNX-kNX] Error using SSL encryption of all traffic

Chris Duncan celldee at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 09:41:47 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am new to the list and inexperienced in the use of NX, so excuse me
if my question has already been dealt with in a previous post.

I'm unable to connect to a NX server from a laptop via a wireless LAN
if I check the 'Enable SSL encryption of all traffic' checkbox on the
Advanced tab of the Configuration dialog. When I uncheck this checkbox
I am able to make the connection.

I can connect using Putty on the client with no problems.

My setup is as follows:

Wireless LAN using WEP 128 encryption

Client
--------
Laptop with wireless network card running Windows 98 Me and NX Client
for Windows version 1.5.0-106 from Nomachine.

Server
----------
PC (plugged into wireless router ethernet port with network cable)
running SUSE 9.3 Professional with FreeNX version 0.4.4-3.1. I ran the
command -
'nxsetup --install --setup-nomachine-key' as root user - to get the
server running.

When the connection attempt fails the information in the session
details screen on the client is as follows:

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '536611'
Error: Failure negotiating the session in stage '7'
Error: This means that we probably didn't provide a valid cookie
Error: The remote NX proxy closed the connection

Can anyone please provide a solution to this problem or give me a clue
as to where to look?

--
Regards

Chris