[FreeNX-kNX] Resuming suspended session

Derek Broughton auspex at lincsatmail.com
Mon Nov 21 13:03:56 UTC 2005

I'm not really sure whether this would be a FreeNX or NX problem.

I start a unix-kde session with my NX windows client, connecting to my
FreeNX linux server.

At some point I suspend the client session.

Later, I reconnect.  There's a disconnection between the NX client window
and all the KDE windows - they don't seem to be proper children of the NX
window.  If I alt-tab between Windows windows to get to the NX session,
everything will appear correct, but the mouse will be the default X-windows
"X", not the KDE mouse, and I can't actually do anything in the window. I
have to minimize the NX window, which leaves all the KDE windows on the
desktop, then I can access them - at least with the mouse. Using the
keyboard is initially impossible, but it seems that if I minimize everything,
then bring back the NX window, re-minimize the parent window and finally
bring the KDE window to which I want to write to the foreground I can type
into it.

Does anyone know what I have to do to (a) keep the KDE windows inside the NX
window and (b) always have keyboard control (though I suspect that this may
be solved by 'a')
--
derek