[FreeNX-kNX] reestablish connection from W2k -> FreeNX 0.4.4?

S. Gerstenberger steve27 at cox.net
Tue Nov 8 18:46:49 UTC 2005

I have a Centos 4.2 server running freenx 0.4.4 at home that I connect
to via the nomachine client v1.5.0 from my W2K workstation at work.  It
works pretty well, but my home DSL is not all that stable.  I have a
(more or less) fixed IP, but the modem frequently has to reconnect
causing brief (< 1 min) outages.  When this happens, the screen freezes
and after a while it asks if I want to terminate the connection.  If I
say no, it will either reconnect within a minute or so, or dump me out
with a message complaining that it can't contact the server, please
check the status of my network connection.  Sometimes, however, it will
reconnect.  I know that when it does not connect, that the network
connection has actually come back up because I can ping my home router.
This is a bit of an annoyance, as it leaves some applications in an
unstartable state, so I have to SSH in and fix the damage.

Any suggestions?  I tried enabling enabling persistent connections, but
it made the problem worse as far as cleanup goes, and resuming the
session didn't work after the client had crashed.

Any ideas?