[FreeNX-kNX] Windows 98 Compatability

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Mon Nov 7 01:07:28 UTC 2005

On Sunday 06 November 2005 22:54, Steve Bergman wrote:

> Then let me briefly reiterate the questions I posted Friday and Saturday
> to frame them properly:

Ususlly, I wouldn't even respond at this point of the thread any more.
The reason is: I had asked before for detailled error descriptions, Os
and software versions, etc.  But you dont supply them.

I'll give you one last chance, before ignoring your future mails:

> 1. Why are nxserver connections with Windows boxes far less robust than
> with Linux boxes?

Whcih version of Windows? Which version of Linux? Whcih version of an
NX client? Which version of an NX server? *WHICH* *PROBLEM*? Which
details around the problme description?

> 2. Why do connections (from the same client) to identical versions of
> nxservers running on different versions of Linux distros give different
> results as far as spurrious error messages.

Which versions of Linuxes? Whcih version of an NX client? Which versions
of NX servers? *WHICH* *DIFFERENT* *RESULTS*? Which spurrious error
messages? Which details around the problme descriptions?

> 3. Why do connections (from the same client) to identical versions of
> nxservers running on different versions of Linux distros give different
> results as far as FullScreen screen resolution.

Which versions of Linuxes? Whcih version of an NX client? Which OS is
the NX client running on? Which version of NX servers? *WHICH*
*DIFFERENT* *RESULTS*? What problem with fullscreen resoluton?

> 4. Is this the right list for these questions?

It is definitely the wrong list to waste everyone's time with
non-questions.

It *may* be the right list to get put, as the first ever user, into a
"moderated" status even as a subscriber, and letting the list admin
decide if your postings get forwarded to the list or if they get
rejected for being re-work by you.