[FreeNX-kNX] Windows 98 Compatability

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Sun Nov 6 22:54:57 UTC 2005

Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:

>On zo, 2005-11-06 at 23:43 +0100, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>

>>so the question fits perfectly here.
>>

>Only if it was about connection issues with the freenx server, but this
>was just a pointless rant about the client.

Then let me briefly reiterate the questions I posted Friday and Saturday
to frame them properly:

1. Why are nxserver connections with Windows boxes far less robust than
with Linux boxes?
2. Why do connections (from the same client) to identical versions of
nxservers running on different versions of Linux distros give different
results as far as spurrious error messages.
3. Why do connections (from the same client) to identical versions of
nxservers running on different versions of Linux distros give different
results as far as FullScreen screen resolution.
4. Is this the right list for these questions?

These are nxserver questions.  There is no way to completely extricate
the questions from the client, and the only really usable client at this
time would seem to be the !M one.

-Steve