[FreeNX-kNX] CONFIG_FILE_VERSION: command not found

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Fri May 27 17:57:14 UTC 2005

Op donderdag 26 mei 2005 02:09, schreef LROUFAIL at nc.rr.com:
> From: Henk Poley <hpoley at dds.nl>
> > The other thing (why I subscribed) is that I want to know how to install
> > the NoMachine NX client under Windows or Solaris in your home dir (without
> > having root/admin priviledges).
>
> the windows client must be able to write to the registry so that the
> cywin mount points can be defined.

Hmm, I see what that means, make a patch for Cygwin so you can have per-user
mountpoints.

> > <snip> the problem I just got after emerging the new net-misc/nxserver-
> > freenx-0.4.0 on my system (updating a previous 0.2.8 installation).
> >
> > I now get this lovely error message about a line in node.conf, and
> > can't login with the nxclient anymore:
> > ---
> > MFL root # nxserver
> > /usr/NX/bin/nxserver: line 4: CONFIG_FILE_VERSION: command not found
> > NXSERVER - Version 1.4.0-04-CVS OS (GPL)
> > Usage: nxserver <option>
> > ..
> > ---

This error was due to the package management not updating the config file to
the new format. It only updates the example config. I will try to contact the
ebuild maintainer (quite possible he's already subbscribed here).

	Henk Poley <><