[FreeNX-kNX] env variables

elias humbolt elias at asb-online.at
Tue May 24 00:49:56 UTC 2005

For some reason I cannot properly use gnupg with kde when using NX. It is no
problem at all, when I am directly at the machine.

The problem seems to be that this env var for the gpg-agent is not set when I
use NX!

GPG_AGENT_INFO=/tmp/gpg-NGL78f/S.gpg-agent:29536:1

On KDE start I get this message:
Die Benutzung des GnuPG-Agenten ist in der GnuPG-Konfigurationsdatei
(/home/hugo/.gnupg/gpg.conf) aktiviert.
Es scheint aber, dass der Agent nicht läuft. Dies kann zu Problemen beim
Unterschreiben oder Entschlüsselung führen.
Bitte den GnuPG-Agenten in den GnuPG-Einstellungen deaktivieren oder den
Agenten reparieren.

Short translation:
GnuPG-Agenten is activated in (/home/hugo/.gnupg/gpg.conf).
But somehow it appears to be not running.

I guess that might have something to do with NX using the nx user somehow,
right?

Please let me know if there is some kind of work around.

Elias