[FreeNX-kNX] Nxserver --terminate problem and nxnode file is missing a line

Jonathan Chen jonachen at cisco.com
Wed May 4 17:42:38 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I seem to have problem terminating a session on RHEL 3(FreeNX 0.3.1 RPM).
When trying to terminate my own session or others via sudo access, I get the
following message...

Sudo nxserver --terminate jonachen

NX> 100 NXSERVER - Version 1.4.0-03 OS (GPL)
stty: standard input: Invalid argument
NX> 1000 NXNODE - Version 1.4.0-03 OS (GPL)
NX> 716 Terminating session 251A41730829168C4D21369E3AC9319F on user
request.
NX> 1001 Bye.
NX> 999 Bye

I still am have not found the cause of my problem yet but wondering if I am
using the command incorrectly under sudo environment.  The command does kill
my session on FreeNX's db, but not really kill the process when I do see a
line to kill the processes too.   So is this a bug or I did something wrong.
I tried to do a sudo bash -x to follow the --terminate command line but was
unable to because of sudo restriction settings.

Also while doing a quick follow of the codes going to /usr/nxnode, I noticed
that line below is missing...

rm -f /tmp.nX$display-lock

After

 # remove possible leftover display ...
        display=$(echo $1 | cut -d"-" -f2)
        rm -f /tmp/.X$display-lock
        rm -f /tmp/.X11-unix/X$display

Under normal circumstances I believe the missing line is not needed because
its taken cared of somewhere else in FreeNX codes.  But doing a nxserver
--terminate, its missing the above line.