[FreeNX-kNX] freenx was working, now authentication error

Ben Voigt bvoigt at kas.com
Mon Mar 28 18:08:31 UTC 2005

Thanks for the help.

Turns out it wasn't the crash at all, but:

I am using CVS version of freeNX, so I did 'emerge -C nxserver-freenx' some
time ago.  Everything still worked.
But now I did 'emerge depclean' and that removed net-util/gnu-netcat and
dev-tcltk/expect.

I did 'emerge -p nxserver-freenx' to find that out, and emerged all freenx
dependencies directly to the world file.  Now everything is OK.
I think injecting freenx would have been better, but emerge says inject is
deprecated...

Ben Voigt
University of Pennsylvania
Electrical Engineering PhD Candidate

voigt at seas.upenn.edu <mailto:voigt at seas.upenn.edu>
BVoigt at kas.com <mailto:BVoigt at kas.com>

Support a Constitutional Amendment to protect the Pledge of Allegiance and
National Motto.
Click here for more information. <http://www.wepledge.com/>