[FreeNX-kNX] freenx was working, now authentication error

Ben Voigt bvoigt at kas.com
Fri Mar 25 17:41:23 UTC 2005

<<Sorry for the dupe, hit some random key while typing that unexpectedly
sent the message>>

I'm running CoLinux, and it caused a Windows STOP error, so my reiserfs
filesystem was unmounted uncleanly.  When I rebooted, dmesg said "finishing
unlinking" some 15 files, given numericly (the inodes I would guess).

Now I can still log into ssh, but the NoMachine NX client only gets as far
as authenticating and then says authentication failed.  I guess some
important freenx file got unlinked by the filesystem crash.  I tried
nxserver --stop and nxserver --start in order to recopy the public keys, but
that didn't help.

I had also been upgrading some software with emerge -uavD world, perhaps
something there affected freenx.

Any advice on how to track down the cause of failure?

      Ben Voigt
      University of Pennsylvania
      Electrical Engineering PhD Candidate  voigt at seas.upenn.edu
      BVoigt at kas.com

Support a Constitutional Amendment to protect the Pledge of Allegiance and
National Motto. Click here for more information.