[FreeNX-kNX] Tasks - Has someone too much time? ;-)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Mar 21 15:07:42 UTC 2005

On Monday 21 March 2005 05:58, LROUFAIL at nc.rr.com wrote:
> We also have
> some generated files in cvs because I am not familiar enough to know which
> ones we need and which are generated.

yes, i noticed a lot of such files... it looks to be using the KDE style
Makefile.am's. was there a Makefile.cvs or some such in the top level
directory of the sources at some point?

i could make a list of files that shouldn't be in CVS fairly easily...

> - Documentation
>    - As always, the documentation could be expanded and improved.  If there
> is a doc system we should be using, then I am interested.

doxygen style comments in the heads is a good start... it allows one to create
the sort of API docs you see for KDE and Qt APIs .. really handy...

the PDF you attached is fairly useful too .. thanks.

> - Don't break the NXDriver or CallBack public interfaces (though you can
> extend them)

understood ... it would actually be really nice to turn it into a .so for
Linux/UNIX and then maintain binary compat... nicer than statically linking
it into N different clients... i assume that wouldn't cause problems for your
Mozilla plugin?

> - Don't do anything to keep it from being cross-platform (all
> those ^M are from making it work on Windows!)

i don't suppose you have notes on what sorts of things were broken on win32?

> Otherwise, have at it.  If you are not sure what to do, then just ask.  I
> have a long list.

sure...

> I have attached a draft version of a developer's guide that I think will
> answer some of you questions.  Formatting is a little rough, and the pdf
> came out brutal.  I am trying to get it fixed and up on the website as
> well.

yes, this helps some, thanks.

--
Aaron J. Seigo