[FreeNX-kNX] Re: FreeNX gets Client Infrastructure

Sunil funtoos at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 13 09:33:33 UTC 2005

alrighty! just to update people here. I found the
problem. fread in nxrun is trying to read 2000 byte at
a time from a file created by nxssh and if that many
bytes are not ready, feof is set on the stream and
subsequent calls to fread will all return 0 (although
there is new data to be read) unless clearerr is done
on the stream. This is where linux differs from
solaris. On linux it is not required to do so. It
seems like a bug on solaris where reader streams are
not updated with the current status of underlying file
system if a write happens outside of that process.

Now I can create and restore sessions from my Sun box
to my linux box. restore from cross platform is a
different matter though.

thank you freenx/nxrun!! I will post the required
solaris patches.

http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/freenx/nxc/