[FreeNX-kNX] Re: FreeNX gets Client Infrastructure

Sunil funtoos at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 12 20:04:43 UTC 2005

I took a cvs snapshot(march 10) of freenx and built
nxrun.

It runs pretty well on linux. Then I built it on
solaris. Apart from setenv being not there, the build
went fine. But when I run it, it hangs while
connecting to the nxserver on linux machine:

I> /home/sunil/.nx/config/MySession.conf.
I> moznx - version .3 (based on NXRUN - version
1.3.1-1).
I> Connecting to 'linuxhost'.

At this time nxssh is sleeping and nxrun is using
100%cpu doing just repeated waitpid on nxssh. I
ultimately kill  nxrun.

sshlog contains:

NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 24983^M
NX> 200 Connected to address: linuxhost on port: 22^M
NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx^M
NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
HELLO NXSERVER - Version 1.4.0-02 OS_(GPL)
NX> 105 Killed by signal 2.

nxserver.log shows only:

-- NX SERVER START:
HELLO NXSERVER - Version 1.4.0-02 OS_(GPL)
NX> 105

Anyone here knows what potential difference between
linux and solaris nx install can trigger this hang?

Thanks,
-Sunil

http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/freenx/nxc/